Texas Fencing Academy is a two weapons academy. TFA conducts structured fencing classes for kids, youth and adults as well as individual private fencing lessons. Composed of levels, from Introduction and beginners to competitive fencers, each level develop areas, such as:
- Physical condition and endurance
- Fencing skills, such as foot and blade work
- Social and sportsmanship skills
- Self control, confidence and mental skills
- Agility, eye-hand-foot control and balance
- Ability to see, understand and direct a fencing bout
- Strategic and tactical skills
- Competitive performance
Each level duration of TFA fencing lessons program individually varies for each athlete depending on fencer’s physical, mental or technical condition.
Recreational fencers are coming 1-3 nights a week and getting to explore both epee and saber during instructor led classes whereas competitive fencers are making more of a time commitment and are beginning to narrow their focus on a specific weapon and are competing at tournaments.
Our program contains the following classes: