Texas Fencing Academy is a two weapons academy. TFA conducts structured fencing classes for kids, youth and adults as well as individual private fencing lessons. Composed of levels from introduction and beginners to competitive fencers, each level develops:
- Physical conditioning and endurance
- Fencing skills, such as foot and blade work
- Social and sportsmanship skills
- Self control, confidence and mental strength
- Agility, eye-hand-foot control and balance
- Ability to understand and direct a fencing bout
- Strategic and tactical skills
- Competitive performance
The length of TFA lessons and programs vary for each athlete depending on the fencer’s physical, mental or technical condition.
Recreational fencers attend 1-3 nights a week and explore both epee and saber during instructor-led classes. Competitive fencers make more of a time commitment and begin to narrow their focus to a specific weapon and compete in tournaments.
Our program contains the following classes: